Just Getting Started

Thank you for visiting my blog. I am just getting started, so this is my first blog post. I am starting this blog because there are so many wonderful ideas about education and teaching. I want a place to share them.

A little about me: I teach 6th grade at a traditional charter school and absolutely love it. This upcoming year will be my fifth year of teaching. I have always taught in the upper-elementary grades. I have two young children, a preschooler and soon-to-be kindergartener. My early learning ideas keep them in mind.

Just this past week, I completed my masters in math education. Yeah!! That was super exciting for me. I LOVE math and seeing the news stories about how high-tech companies in the US are having a hard time finding qualified workers motivated me to get my masters in math and help make a difference.