Summer is here. While many teachers and students are on vacation, there are quite a few that are involved in summer school or have year-round-calendars. Here are some writing prompts ideas for summer. They have topics about summer, the beach, sailboats, seashells, and more.
- Invent a new game using a beach ball.
- Tell about a fun day at the beach.
- Describe your dream sandcastle. What would it look like? How big would it be? How would you build it?
- What are your plans for summer vacation?
- What is on your summer bucket list?
- Which animals live in seashells?
- What is your favorite beach activity?
- What is your favorite summer memory?
- If you could sail away on a boat, where would you go?
- Describe the ocean, but don't use the words wet or water.
- Describe a hot summer day, but don't use the words hot or summer.
- Write a conversation between two people stranded on an island.
- Tell about a magical seashell that allows you to travel to other worlds.
- Write a journey from the point of view of the sailboat.
- You are the captain of a boat. Where are you going? Who is your crew? What adventures will you have?
I created a series of beach-themed writing papers that would work well with these summer writing prompts. They are not labeled, so they could be used for any topic that relates to summer or the beach. The writing papers are available in my TpT Store
Labels: beach, sailboat, seashells, summer, summer school, writing prompts